Background of establishment:
Nari Unnayan Shakti (NUS) is a non-governmental, non-political and secular organization established in 11 in Bangladesh in 1992. NUS supports around 150,000 people through 115 service outlets/centres districts in Bangladesh. Working on health program (AIDS, malaria, and nutrition and other health issue), combating violence against women and children, policy level advocacy, child labour, child rights, education environment.
Vision of NUS:
NUS works towards a violence free and gender balanced Bangladesh where people enjoy fundamental rights in a well developed society.
Executive Director, NUS
Biography of ED
Mission of NUS
To bring positive changes for the women and children of Bangladesh in many areas of development, including social, cultural, environmental, health and economic.
Objectives of NUS
- To develop leadership qualities in women through education, awareness building and training
- To alleviate poverty by encouraging and supporting women to be self-reliant through savings, credit and skills training
- To advocate for and progress human rights for women and children
- To promote behaviour and participate in activities leading to a pollution free and friendly environment
- Ensure access to health care and education for women and children